fctsub
House Demolished by Fire PDF  ICON_SEP Print ICON_SEP  E-mail
Written by Mary McDonald and Nicole Schafer   
DATE_FORMAT_LC2
banner_fire_tanglewood Heavy smoke hampered Fairfield, Dew and Teague Fire Departments’ efforts to contain a blaze in a mobile home in the Tanglewood addition, northeast of Fairfield, Texas…

   

 

 

 

 

fire_tanglewood_4Heavy smoke hampered Fairfield, Dew, and Teague Fire Departments’ efforts to contain a blaze in a mobile home in the Tanglewood addition of Fairfield at County Roads 231 and 227 on Friday afternoon, January 4th, at 12:54 a.m.

Assistant Fairfield Fire Chief, Matt Foree, indicated that the volunteer fire fighters were driven out of the structure by the smoke and fire several times before it was contained.

The house was owned by Mr. Barkley who had been renting it to a young couple with two children.

The fire was discovered by the female occupant who saw smoke and flames coming from the master bedroom.

fire_tanglewood_2Assistant Chief Foree stated that the fire was believed to be caused by a space heater.

No one was injured, but the structure and contents were completely destroyed.

The American Red Cross has been contacted to assist the family.

 

 

 

LAST_UPDATED2